Being a ZaCSA Member is not only about attending Japanese Friendship Events, Luncheons, and Parties, its also about growing together through service. Whether working at a Camp Zama event; sponsoring a booth at the Cherry Blossom Festival; or baking goodies to raise money for a specific cause; ZaCSA members should participate in every way to experience the complete meaning of what ZaCSA is all about: service and camaraderie. Please consider taking on an important role in ZaCSA by committing to at least one service event each ZaCSA year, it will enrich your ZaCSA experience and your friendships here will grow!
If you have any questions or if you would like to volunteer, please send us a message.
ONGOING VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES
The following ZaCSA Committees would benefit from your talents! Please contact the corresponding Committee Chairperson via our Contact Us page.
• East Meets West: Volunteer at ZaCSA’s East Meets West Gift Shop, Tues & Thurs 11 – 1800.
• Hospitality: This Committee sponsors the Board-hosted Newcomers’ Welcome function for all new members prior to the first General Membership Meeting. Members also attend Newcomer’s Orientation sponsored by the Garrison.
• Membership: Provides membership opportunities at all General Membership meetings, ensure membership dues are collected and turned over to the Treasurer; maintains an up-to-date membership file, provide a membership directory, with contact information, no later than the November General Membership Meeting, and provides monthly membership updates.
• People-to-People: Arranges and coordinates programs and activities with the Japanese People-to-People Groups.
• Media and Publicity: You can get involved in this committee by either: 1) Helping us on FaceBook: Help us promote events and activities simply by sharing with your friends, liking ZaCSA posts, and tell people you are going to events, or 2) Developing Marketing Materials: Arrange for the timely publication of advance notices of meetings, luncheons, special events, fund-raising activities, and other ZaCSA programs.
• Historian: Responsible for the digital record of events to be given to the Secretary, and organizing three memory books of the year’s activities.
• Fund-Raising: Creates fund-raising opportunities and activities including but not limited to the Basket Auction and bake sales.
• Community Grants: Publicize the availability of ZaCSA Community Grants to the appropriate community agencies and activities. The Board shall determine the total monies allocated for disbursements. The Committee shall research all requests, advise the Board on recommended disbursement actions, and coordinate with the Treasurer for disbursement of funds.
• Programs: The Chair shall lead and form this committee to conduct annual Activities Sign-up in August or September in coordination with the Membership Committee. Together, they are responsible for advance coordination and arrangements with the Camp Zama Community Club Caterer. The Committee shall purchase and/or make arrangements for centerpieces or door prizes as necessary, and shall also make arrangements concerning any other programs during the ZaCSA year; to exclude special events.
• Scholarships: Publicize the availability of scholarship funds to the appropriate community agencies and activities. The Board shall determine the total monies allocated for scholarship disbursement. The Committee shall determine the numbers and amounts of the scholarships, and provide recommendations to the Board.